"The conventional wisdom unconventional way" keep yourself updated with latest mind boggling questions and & new methods of solving problems.

Some interesting facts from IIMB new batch profile...

I came across this interesting page on the IIMB results site. You can access the full document here.

A few observations about the IIMB batch profile:

1. 67 females made it as compared to 321 males. That's less than 18%. I guess things are a lot better than having 1 girl in my batch of 42 at IIMK in 1997-99!
2. Engineers made a killing at IIMB with 92% seats, up from 89% last year. Out of these Engineers, an astonishing 31% are from IITs, and 22% are from NITs! As I keep saying to any non-Engineer, there are still 30 seats which went to non-Engineers. And you only need one of them!
3. A total of 117 freshers reached the institute this year. This counters one of the most disputed myths about IIMs only taking Work-Ex junta!
4. Another way of putting the above is that fact that there were 328 out of 388 people who are below 25 years of age. The range is 19-35 years! I am sure the 19 year olds will feel a generation difference;)
5. Now, this one is my favourite: The lowest Graduation Percentage in the current batch is 66.20% in the general category, and 54% in the SC category! That does away the myth of only Toppers getting into the IIMs all the time...for the record, I had 52% in my Graduation, and I was not the lowest marks in my IIMK batch :)

Hope this will be taken in the right spirit! I will try to get other IIM data as well, and see what do they throw up.

0 Responses to "Some interesting facts from IIMB new batch profile..."

Search This Blog

The Contributors

RAVI's KNOWLEDGE CENTER
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Distributed by eBlog Templates